Thursday, August 23, 2012

We Have Arrived!

Good Morning Friends and Family!

WE'RE HERE!!!!!!!

Wow......so much has happened in the last 48 hours that its hard to determine what is newsworthy.......but I'll do my best!  BTW, this is Greg, and my first attempt on the blog, so please forgive me if I don't write quite as creatively as my better half.

I guess I'll start by thanking all of you for loving us so much!  We have been absolutely blown away at how much you love us and take care of us.  We've received literally hundreds of emails, notes, and quick calls......checking on us and sharing your support.  We held a going away party this past Sunday night and we're overwhelmed at the number of you that took time out of your busy schedule to come say goodbye.  I told someone that my encouragement tank was overflowing.......

We can't thank our families enough either.  They have been so supportive from day one and even when they didn't totally understand what God was up to, they supported us and encouraged us to do whatever God was calling us to.

ON WITH THE STORY......

Our flight out of Atlanta departed at 3:40 pm on Wednesday and we arrived in Abu Dhabi on Thursday around 11 am (GA time).  I briefly mentioned this on Facebook, but we definitely felt your prayers Wednesday during check in.  Our flight had two legs, Atlanta to Chicago and Chicago to Abu Dhabi.  The baggage allowance on the international leg was two checked bags, one carry on bag, and one personal item.  The night before departure I called American Airlines to check on baggage allowance for the domestic flight and they informed me that since we were continuing on internationally that we would have the same baggage allowance, but normally we would only get one checked bag, one carry on and one personal item.  Long story short......we got to the airport with eight checked bags and were informed that we would have to pay $200 to get the extra four bags to Chicago...........after a few minutes of discussing........and an attempt to contact customer service...........the agent came over and informed us that she was going to allow the extra bags!  So emotional crisis avoided!  Not to mention..........we saved $200.00!

We had our last goodbyes with Amy's family and headed through security......we no sooner walked to the gate and they were paging us as the last people not on the plane....so we hurriedly walked onto the plane and took off for Chicago.  The kiddos loved it and were so excited that we joked about getting them some Valium.........it was so cute.  Every time, and I mean every time a plane taxied by us......"Look!"


No comments:

Post a Comment