Thursday, August 16, 2012

T- 5 Days!

Phewwww...we are worn slap out!  Feet hurt, aching legs, tense shoulders, back aches, broken fingernails, puffy eyes....but hey!  IT'S ALLLLL GOOD! I'm really not complaining....just stating the obvious so that when you look at us, you won't be shocked by our frazzled appearances!:)

It is finally official!  We have received the news we've been anxiously awaiting!  At midnight, on the floor of our completely empty, favorite house the email was opened!  Time stood still.  I think my heart stopped.  The first thing I saw was my passport picture at the top (that's good, it was ME!)  And just a side-note here, apparently the passport pictures are VERY important in this culture seeing how we EACH had to have at least 8 of them printed, cut at that very easy to lose size, and readily available at ANY point! Back to the email.  The next thing I saw was a little bit of English and then a WHOLE LOT of Arabic!  PANIC!!!!!! I scrolled down a bit to the most important tidbit of information.  Accompanied by:  NONE!!!! (in English).  My heart did actually stop this time. 

Frantically, I read. At the bottom, we saw the fine print that stated it could not be displayed properly.  Phewww... holding one's breath for long periods of time while already sleep deprived is NOT recommended.  Hands shaking, I handed my phone to Greg and said "fix this!"  Thankfully, my hubby is a computer goo-roo and figured it all out! 

FINALLY----we got the fully downloaded version and....YES!!!! ALL 4 TICKETS WERE THERE!!!  The breathing began again.  Tears of relief and thankfulness began to flow.  The Lord has so graciously taken care of each detail and so sweetly whispered that every one of our fears of the unknown were in HIS hands.  DO NOT FEAR was a song written and sung over me by a sweet friend many years ago.  It's melody and Truth still flow through my mind at the needed moments.  Through the tears I smiled at my Jesus, because once again I could feel His hands holding me tight, stroking my hair and whispering in my ear "Baby girl, I told you I've got this.  I love you and I AM taking care of everything."  

PEACE.

Now, let the CRAZINESS begin again....or shall I say, continue.  

As of now, both cars are sold and gone.  Departing with the dream car (the Sequoia) was an emotional moment.  We said goodbye to our dog.  We won't talk about how difficult that was!!!!   We have moved out of our favorite house.  A sweet family has already moved in.  We are currently living out of about 10 suitcases at Amy's parents' house in Cartersville.    The funny thing is, Greg mentioned that he was glad he only had to do this "living out of a suitcase thing" for a week.  HA!!!  I quickly reminded him that we will most likely be living out of suitcases for the next 2 months!  He did not appreciate that comment. :)

Needless to say, we are very excited to be given an actual date.  However, the reality of leaving has just slapped us in the face.  For the past month, I have thought of the passage in Luke where Mary had given birth to the baby Jesus.  It said "and she pondered these things in her heart".  As a mama as well, I picture her holding her precious baby and soaking up everything about that little bundle in her arms:  the 10 perfect toes, the long wrinkly fingers, the pudgy little nose, ooh those perfect little lips, breathing patterns and everything about the moment.  I look around, or I look at the people I'm talking to and try to soak in everything about them.  Their smiles, her laugh, the things I love most about them, the taste of the Chic-fil A sweet tea....... everything.  Knowing you've only been given a small window of time changes your perspective.  It causes you to be much more intentional with your time and your conversations.  Sounds kinda like what I've been taught in Sunday School all these years! :)

With that being said.....we don't like goodbyes but we just ask that when you see us this week, please hug us tight and maybe a little longer than usual because we will need that memory to help us get through the tough days of missing you ahead! 

3 comments:

  1. So wish I could hug your neck and whisper "it won't be as hard as you think" . . . but I'd be lying. Yet, in the hardness He loves us, and our Jesus carries when we think we cannot walk another step for fear our heart will break into thousands of pieces. Praying the balm of comfort He has spread over me will reach out and comfort you as well, dear Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Wilson"s wish we could Hug you all one more time! Maybe another garage sale -HA! This is the light at the end of the tunnel, where God's Glory is more than just shining through it's BEAMING! I have to say that looking back and reconnecting again at the time we did - there was a reason! I just never thought our favorite Davidson's would be sent across the world (ok- holding back tears).

    One of my favorite versus is in Romans 5: 3-4 about PERSERVERANCE- you are living PROOF of this verse! Rejoice in our suffersings, because we know that sufferiing produces perserverance;perserverance character;and character; hope. And, knowing what all you have gone through and what we are going through gives me the Greatest joy knowing that there is HOPE and a BEAMING light for the Wilson's. Amy, you are my ROCK! You help me to grow spiritually as a mother, wife and friend. Oh, how I will miss you!

    Greg, Unnul Graeg, Uncle Greg! Ryan said that cards were so you wouldn't forget him! River said even if your gone you will still owe him Cici's pizza & ice cream because he will get all the tackles and sacs!! Reanah can't wait to get the bed up, she said it's so Raleigh can be with her until she comes back.....

    I hope you can feel the Wilson Hug and our hearts! SO excited for you and can't wait for the next blog!

    Lots of LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to follow your adventure Amy! You will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete