Sunday, May 11, 2014

MY HERO----MY MAMA!!!!

                HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!
      TO THE GREATEST MOM A GIRL COULD HAVE!!!

"Oh AMY ROCHELLE ___________"
    I so wish I could hear those words right now in person (even though when said like that, it usually meant I was in TROUBLE!)

But I find myself saying this to myself in my Mother's tone even, at times just so I could feel like she's here. :)

Sherry Glaze is a woman of MANY hats and incredible talents.  She has 154 faces (of which I've also inherited)  and 23 tones, ranging from TEACHER TONE to the infamous POOKY voice!  The Davidsons vote that Pooky's voice is the FAVE and makes alllllllll things better. 

My mother is an AMAZING woman!  She knows how to get things done!  She is actually SUPER WOMAN!!!! (or should that be WONDER WOMAN)? ! Either way,  she is ......
       A godly woman.
            A woman of strength.  
                 A woman of limitless creativity.
                      A woman of endless ENERGY (some might say with the help of her slight Caramel Drizzle and/or Diet Coke addiction.  (chase the hot drink with the cold drink to cool off :) )  yet another way I am JUST LIKE MY MAMA!!!!
                           A woman of  productivity and efficiency.
                                A woman of dedication and perseverance.
                                         A woman of FAITH.
                                              An INCREDIBLE multi-tasker.
                                                     A woman of humor (though sometimes her 3 girls would have preferred to sit and cry or pout or continue to be overwhelmed in a situation rather than "chop chop....we ain't got time for this")
                            A MIGHTY woman who can be a wife, a mother to 3 (sometimes, emotional, hormonal, but NEVER EVER difficult girls), teacher, principal, cook, housekeeper, leader, friend, counselor, listening ear, advice giver,  and problem solver ..QUICK problem solver that is, ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!!!! with the help of a 2lb bag of TWIZZLERS (and according to Riley--her newly found love--BOTTLECAPS)!!!

According to my Meme, "that woman (my Mother) never stops!"  And no she does not!!  She only THOUGHT she retired!  But because of her passion and her giftings that cannot be contained, she found a few more teaching, consulting, organizing and ministry jobs to pass the time! :)  I sure hope I grow up to be just like her! 

Since entering my adventure overseas, I've told her and everyone else: "OOOohhhhh this country NEEDS my Mama! She'd have this whole educational reform in tip top shape!"  Oh how I wish she was here with me to take on this challenge! 

Mama, you are my hero.  Not only because of all of the above listed traits but because you do them so effortlessly, with so much love and passion.  There were many times I thought you were "sooooo strict"  or hard on us (like, why do I have to read books with larger vocabulary than my beloved Sweet Valley Twins/High books?)  Oh, life was so hard!  ( I think I remember hearing that a time or too, probably as I huffed and grunted totally NOT appreciating the humor you were finding in my moment!) 

Now that I am a mama, I had decided from Day 1 that I wanted to be a mother JUST LIKE YOU!!  You did it RIGHT.  You trained us up according to the Truth of His Word.  You set boundaries and stood your ground when necessary.  You brought fun and creativity.  You filled our home with music and laughter (especially when it was time for the Poppa Poppa Patch).  Long trips were either full of fun-filled packets of entertainment or a map stuck to the van wall to mark the states traveled through on our first ultra-lengthy road trip (of which I APPARENTLY don't remember ---that OR the blue van---however....we won't talk about that!  Good memories!  And have no fear---I learned my geography! OR if boredom called for desperate measures.....POOKY would make an appearance as well as Thistlehair!

Oh how I miss being a kid in your house.  However, I am thankful for the relationship that we have now as we all are older and have our own growing families.  Thank you for your wisdom.  The coffee chats. The Target-popcorn, diet coke and Twizzlers "fix-it".  Thank you for teaching us how to love our husbands well, organize a home, make life fun and creative, use time wisely, TEACH and make the most of every opportunity.  I still don't know how you did it all....nor DO IT ALL STILL!  But I love you for it more and more everyday. 

I wanna be just like you when I grow up.  I pray that my kiddos get HUGE chunks of their Meme imbedded in their little personalities.  Thank you for being YOU.  Thank you for always ....ALWAYS being there for me!  Thank you for giving me all the pieces of you------because looking at that one wedding picture of yours isn't the ONLY time I see me in you!  And I am thankful! 

THANK YOU!  
     I can't say it enough. Because, now that I am a mother, I know what it means to be one.  I also know the times hidden in the LOCKED closet  or bathroom was for my own good.....so that you could get peace and gather yourself to open that door with a smile and a hug or another 30+++++ minutes to listen to me rattle on and on and on.......

Thank you for who you are to me THEN and NOW.  I love you more than words could ever truly express.  I wish I could be there to hug you and be hugged BY you!  Sometimes, a mama's hug is all you need no matter what kind of day/moment it is.  I miss you and I am hugging you all the way from here! 

Happy Mother's Day Mama!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment