Sunday, October 21, 2012

DREAM(ing) BIG!

Today, I am one-step ahead of the game.  In my American world, I'm usally a FEW steps ahead...but we won't go there.  Let me just relish the moment! :)

Since, I am ahead, my mind began to wonder about what the Lord is up to with the Davidsons.  My mind went back a few months to the beginning of this great adventure.

I realize some of you don't know the whole story of how this came to be--us picking up and moving halfway across the world. 

You see, "what had happened wuzzz" (those of you who know us best can hear how we are saying that line hahaha).  It was a Sunday in March that Greg read on the AJC about a TeachAway job fair that was held in ATL.  Well, we obviously had MISSED the job fair (which led to us having to FLY to Denver weeks later---but that's ANOTHER story :)).  Greg read me the article and I went to church having what I call an Experiencing God "Crisis of Belief" right there in the pew. I began "battling" with the Lord....."would You REALLY give me my dream?  was this article really meant for me/us?  I mean seriously, it's on the front page for all of GA to read? Is this FOR REAL?  You wouldn't really let me live my BIG dream, would you?  I don't deserve it. ....etc etc..."  You know how the conversation goes. 

This continued on the ENTIRE day.  Even later that night when I had to pull over on the way to Walmart b/c I was crying so hard.  I asked the Lord again, "okay Lord, what is going on with me?"

Turns out, that day marked the beginning of the reality of a childhood dream being fulfilled! 

So again...... well, 8 months later..... I'm sitting on my "almost new" red couch in what's beginning to feel like home...a little less slightly overwhelmed by the culture and chaos of our new life, but speechless again as I reflect on HIS love and grace for us.

My mind keeps thinking about the new opportunities for my amazing hubby!  I'm not going to spoil his surprise.....that will be for his next blog!  (so please don't get mad at us or me for hinting but not revealing--hahha)  Details will come in time. :)  Teaching overseas was NOT Greg's dream.  It was Amy's (since childhood).  The funny part of that March Sunday was that I told Greg he had to send my application in for me if he thought we should do this.  His response to that was, "Amy, if you can't fill out an application, we have bigger problems than we realize! HA!  The reasoning behind this was, if HE sent it in, it wouldn't be about ME chasing a fantasy.  It would mean that he was behind me 100%.  Two days later...he informed me that he sent in my papers.  :):)  I LOVE THAT MAN! :)

Back to today......I'm sitting here smiling thanking the Lord for being so good to us. The thought of Greg getting to live out his dream while over here is BEYOND exciting!  It's the opportunity of a lifetime! I cannot wait for to watch and see how the Lord plays this one out!  It's an incredible thing to be able to SEE God's hand move mountains and place each stepping stone down right in front of you ready for you to take the next step!

 One of my motto's has always been DREAM BIG!  It began a long time ago when I heard a song by that title and adopted it as one of my own. 

Then, life happens.....mistakes are made..... time has passed and memory fades of those dreams and desires and vows to the Lord.  Families grow.....some dreams are shattered.  LIFE happens.  We forget.

We forget what we dreamed.
We forget that we believed we could reach for the stars.
We forget who MADE those stars!
We forget who gave us the DESIRE and EQUIPPED us to do so!
We forget that NOTHING IS TOO HARD FOR OUR GOD!
We forget to KEEP DREAMING!!!

And sometimes we think, He already gave us one dream....could we really get this one too?!?!?!?

WHY-- YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My prayer for you right now is that you BELIEVE God for your dream!
 I pray that you won't forget. 
And if you don't have one right now...DREAM BIG!!!!!!!!!!!   And it can be CRAZY CRAZY , or CRAZY GYNORMOUS--- just dream it, pray and seek the Lord!   Seek Him whole heartedly! 

And then.....ENJOY THE RIDE!!!!!! :) (But keep in mind, I'm not saying it will happen overnight or anything like that.....ours has taken over 20 years of preparing, teaching us and training us ...eh-hemmm and growing us up a bit as well :/)

but LIVING OUT YOUR DREAMS FOR THE ONE WHO GAVE THEM TO YOU -------- is well worth all the time, tears, growing pains, training, discipline, failures, closed doors and all other opportunities leading up to it.

DREAM BIG!!!!! :)


 

1 comment:

  1. It's so great to be living our the "dream" God put in your heart!
    Our crazy life is our dream. Who in their right mind would want a house full of kids and drive a 15 passenger van? Me and my hubby! Although, I sometimes remind myself that not only was I called to the "dream" but I was equipped for it.

    And, don't even get me started on your last post. Enjoying hearing what God is doing in and through you. And, appreciating what you have to say and its relevance to my life.

    Praying for you, all.

    ReplyDelete